Monday, February 07, 2005

More intrepid(ity/ness?)

Well I am off to see A Very Long Engagement starring Audrey Tautou and more interestingly to me, directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. His Amelie is definitely better known but it is his dark apocalyptic comedy Delicatessen that I enjoyed more. One of his favorite actors is Dominique Pinon who appears in all his movies and is excellent as the "outsider" who gets dragged to the heart of the movie - well at least in the two that I have seen!
I have The City of Lost Children waiting in my Netflix queue but given how long my queue is I have no idea when I will get around to seeing it. And before someone suggests it, no, I do not like to rearrange the order of the queue or even look at it too often - its nice to be surprised by the DVD in the mail!
Anyway, going to see a movie may not appear to be too intrepid an undertaking, but I have to drive to Hollywood and watch it at Arclight which bills itself as a place for movie lovers. In Los Angeles that translates to assigned seating, no one allowed to enter the hall once the movie starts and vigilant ushers who vigorously enforce the no-cellphone rule. Ah, bliss. It does involve a longish drive but lets see how that works out.
Afterwards I plan to go eat at one of the cheap Thai eateries in East Hollywood. To submerge the feeling of guilt I am telling myself that at least the gluttony is related to correspondingly less sloth on my part. Hopefully a report will follow tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger 8ZERO8 said...

Best blog title I have ever seen.

February 08, 2005 3:16 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Thank you - just trying to be honest!

February 08, 2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home