Tuesday, April 13, 2004

How tolerant are you?

In the last week or so I have been on a gourmand's diet of blogs, especially political ones. I believe myself to be fairly left-wing, liberal, moderate and tolerant of people who are of different races, religions, sexualities etc etc.

I had occasion to test for my unconscious biases at the Tolerance.org website. The convoluted route I took to find my way there is not important, but what I found out about myself is eye-opening. Apparently I have a strong unconscious bias against a particular group of humans. No, I won't shame myself by explaining further, but maybe it helps me to do better in the future. Of course it could be that the tests only test nervous memory rather than going all the way into my subconscious. However, I do have food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home