Monday, January 30, 2006

Some stuff.

No more weekend update posts. I mean they all seem to merge into this one giant orgy of food, movies and driving in my head, I wonder how they make the readers feel. That is of course assuming I have any.
Food, jazz concert, driving, visiting, Millions, being visited, coffee, more driving. That seems to cover this last one pretty much.

Recent conversation between unnamed person 1 (UP1) and unnamed person 2 (UP2):
UP1 - "Are you a screamer?"
UP2 - "Er no, I mean sometimes." [with red eartips and burning cheeks and faraway look]
UP1 - "I mean do you throw your hands up and scream?"
UP2 - "Not really." [mumbling faintly and trying to keep a straight face]
UP1 - "We ARE talking about roller coasters still, right?"
UP2 - "Right, of course!"

5 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Read in someone's blog that a roller coaster date may be more successful than an ordinary one, because they lead a huge dopamine rush to the brain. Hmm....so the text and subtext here are not that unrelated after all :).

Which jazz concert? Ki daarun byapar shyapar!

January 31, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

LOL, the things one reads in the blogs!

This concert. It was quite good though maybe I am a bit more fond of more oldfashioned jazz. Shorter and Patitucci were rocking and the quartet were obviously having serious amounts of fun.

January 31, 2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

I think I've heard Wayne Shorter in concert somewhere, when and where I don't remember. He's good, and so is Wynton Marsalis, but the jazz concert I enjoyed above all was the one by Ray Charles. I think it was his last major concert before he passed away.

January 31, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Ok now I am just envious, you saw Ray Charles live?

January 31, 2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Yes I did. It just so happened that a few summers ago, we were looking for a concert to attend at the Hollywood Bowl and Ray Charles was performing. Can't beat the Bowl, $5 tickets and an amazing concert. We sang along to "Hit the Road Jack"!

January 31, 2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home