Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Uh a tag or two...

So dear Vish has tagged me and pestered me to post. Well and so I shall!
The 5th line from my 23rd post is
There is not even the pretence of a public transportation system, or at least not in the westside where I was planning to live.
Hmm not very exciting or earth-shattering... It does remind me though that I drive a lot better these days (cross my fingers) and I don't really have to drive except for groceries and stuff any more and what a relief that is!!
I also have a 55-word story, surprise surprise!

It was a dark and stormy night. She sank deeper into her pale green comforter. "He won't be coming tonight", she told herself as she switched off the lamp and nodded off to sleep. He was asleep too, as the truck ploughed into the side of his car meandering on the wrong side of the highway.

Eh, I cheated - its not exactly 55 words and I had already done this at the spur of a moment for my writing group email thingy previously... So bite me!

In other news, I have learned to make Pad Ka Prow and my life is fulfilled, which is why minor things like blogs and posts do not interest me anymore :)

Also, I tag Priya!

6 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Jeez, you thought the westside was bad? Santa Monica is as good as it gets for public trans in LA county, besides downtown LA of course.

I liked the story, thought it was sad :(.

Agreed that the ability to make Pad Ka Prow can be life-altering, but like any self-respecting Indian guru, once you attain nirvana, you gotta get out and spread the goodies. Which mean, pics, pics!

October 05, 2005 3:42 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Swati - did I tell you I am such a fan-girl - I actually bought Kasma's first book and got it signed by her. Ahem. LOL. I will most definitely be taking all the class levels :) I'll try and take pics next time I make Thai food. Why don't you guys come visit though, cause then you could sample it too!!
I agree that the SM Big Blue bus is actually pretty cool and thats what I think the next line of the post was! :)
Oh and I liked your story too :)

October 05, 2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger Devilish Angel said...

Nice sad story...

October 06, 2005 2:04 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Thanks Vanathi!

October 06, 2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger nothing said...

umm...may i point out this is strongly reminiscent of the prodigal daghter? yes, i read jeffrey archer too

October 10, 2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Interesting, considering I must own up to never having read prodigal daughter...
Really if I wanted to steal a story would I look to Jeffrey Archer! Eh!

October 10, 2005 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home