Friday, August 19, 2005

Why Marco Polo is the original Prophet...

I don't know if I have any frequent readers, but if there are any I am sure you would like to know about my religious affiliations. Even if you don't - I must tell you anyway that I have converted and Atkins be damned...
In a very heartfelt way, I truly believe now that this earth and the universe was created by a Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster, henceforth GFSM, SBUH ["Sauce be upon Him" duh]. You may also call me a Pastafarian.
I have been so moved by an eloquent expression of the new and only true religion's aims and objectives here that I quote,
WHY YOU SHOULD CONVERT TO FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERISM
* Flimsy moral standards.
* Every friday is a relgious holiday. If your work/school objects to that, demand your religious beliefs are respected and threaten to call the ACLU.
* Our heaven is WAY better. We've got a Stripper Factory AND a Beer Volcano.
May the Pho be with all of you, Ramen!

6 Comments:

Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Ainh?

A faith of long thin principles and indeterminate glutinous trappings?

So read us your Gospel ...

J.A.P.

August 19, 2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Well the best known one is of course the gospel of Mac and Cheese, most famously expounded in the blue box version :)

August 20, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Pastafarian? And I thought you were a life-long devotee of the Church of Dim-Sum-ology, keeping all those Hollywood luminaries company. Mamma mia!

August 20, 2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Well that is a related church, we both believe in carbs unlike the new upstart Atkins-SouthBeach-ism which has broken pretty decidedly with the hallowed traditions...

August 20, 2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger Gautam Ghosh said...

how do I convert to a Pastafarian?

gautam

August 22, 2005 6:45 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Well first thing is to be in a noodly state of mind...

August 22, 2005 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home