Sunday, August 14, 2005

Quick, fast, wicked!

I can't help it. Thats how life seems to have moved over the last couple of weeks. Work is fine, good even. More importantly it seems to be much easier finding my feet here than it ever was in LA. I even had that very American of outings with a bunch of people from work. We went to watch a baseball game. Well we also apparently went to queue up for 'dollar dogs' which are just smallish hot dogs sold for a dollar each, and beer. The game was not in anyone's focus except for the last three innings when the home team of Oakland A's managed to hit a couple and win. All in all good fun!
I have been unpacking slowly and surely and have had friends visiting. We went to eat chaat and chicken kathi kababs at the Berkeley institution called Vik's. Ooh yummy, except that the stupid place closes at 6 PM everyday. There is apparently no justice in this world.
What else? I saw that crummy summer blockbuster called The Island. Oh boring. Hacking up interesting premises comes so easy to Hollywood!
The best thing is of course the amazing view of the bay and Marin county from my apartment. I could spend all my time just taking in the view, sparkling gray water dotted with a few white sails in the distance and crazy parasailors (or are they windsurfers?) with multi-hued canopies trailing out behind them. On a clear day I can see Richmond bridge in the distance and the tiny cars zipping by on the freeway are a white noise far away.
Did I mention that I am enjoying the bay area? Good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Priya said...

Oh GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD! Tui baseball dekhchish? Hai re Aamricahn! South City beckons you baby, come back..please come back...I want my best friend back..boo hoo hoo;(

August 15, 2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Hmm, like I said - we spent more time queueing up for food though! Ajke went to Udupi Palace for dinner. Had a nice Mysore Masala Dosa!! See? I am who I always was...

August 15, 2005 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home