Friday, April 29, 2005

Ask not for whom the phone rings...

So here we are (or to be precise I am), another weekend looming ahead. 'Looming' is too strong a word, it is more like the weekend is grinning shamelessly at me and daring me to have fun and clean up the house and remember to run all the errands that need to be run and make all the phone calls that I have been procrastinating over.
Don't get me wrong, calling up friends and family is not really a chore. I do however feel like screaming and hiding when the phone rings on Sunday mornings. The thing is that when friends and family live far far away, the telephone call once a week is pretty important. However consider now the fact that all the people I 'should' speak with at least once a week by rights, are a phone call rather than a cab-ride away these days. Hence the scrambling to keep up with everyone and the guilt that comes with postponing those calls.
Hence also the empty replies to the same questions from parents, sister-in-law, best friend from sixth grade, cousin who lives in Singapore, friends from Grad school(s) and ex who is a friend. How is everyone doing? How about [insert suitable names]? Yes the weather is nice and oh I saw a great movie and work is busy but nothing new. Nope nothing new with my life. Yes I am fine and I will call next week. Bye now.

P.S.: To all my lovely friends and family who read this blog, please do not take this personally! I love you all and no calls would be a far worse state of affairs than what I describe above...

6 Comments:

Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Thats it! I'm never calling you again. (Sulk, sulk)

May 01, 2005 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE HE ami bangla te boli prothome :d
tor lekha gulo besh hoyeche ..tobe bhate chaichilam je tui rege gele mukh ta ki rokom hoi

any way thing is that i am thoroughly engrossed in ur blog and i have plan in my mind ..if u wish i l then share it with u

May 01, 2005 2:31 AM  
Blogger eM said...

I so agree with you.
It's Sunday evening and I have to make at least 50 thousand calls, not having the usual 'Oh-I-was-busy-so-couldn't-call-you-back-excuse'. How many of those calls have I made? Um... try zero!

May 01, 2005 7:38 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

My dear Ani, talking to you on the phone is easier - all I have to do is keep ROTFLing (or pretending to) at your P+iJs!
Bojju, thank you and dhonyobad. Email korish.
eM, thanks for the sympathy :) I wish my mom read blogs!!

May 01, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

hmmm, nice way to excuse yrself....jakgey, since I'm so well versed with this trait of yrs, I can survive another year without yr phone call I guess;)

May 08, 2005 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hMMMM... ami bhabchi ekhon theke daily ekbar fone korbo :-?... ..
..so get ready to receive my call every early in the morning :-D...;-)...

May 10, 2005 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home