Friday, April 08, 2005

Sin City

I am apparently on a minor dark/graphic novel based movie trip. I watched Blade and Sin City back to back and I have a DVD of Dark City lying around unwatched as yet in my living room. I enjoyed watching both the movies although Sin City was if anything 'cooler' than Blade. It is pretty amazing as an adaptation of a graphic novel to the cinematic form - every so often there are frames in the movie that quite clearly hark back to its comic book origins. It is also really good film noir with the typical hard-boiled and cynical voiceovers and beat up old cars. The sad thing though is that I never quite got emotionally invested in any of the characters, other than maybe Marv. I was too busy gawking at how beautifully made it was - for the lack of better words. Very good cast too - *SPOILER alert* although the Hartigan-Nancy story line has a bit of an ewww factor to it (life resembles art?).

Oh and the thing is - movie ta office kete dekhlum - shokale was not feeling well - tai office jai ni. Tarpor dupure mone holo bhaloi to achhi and so... Sshhhhh!

*More SPOILER Alert* By the way did anyone else feel that Elijah Wood's character was a sly take on Charlie Brown - because of the sweater?

2 Comments:

Blogger greatbong said...

No I felt he looked like an evil Harry Potter...if you see my blog's review of Sin City....I didnt like it one bit...:-(....but I liked Blade...it was low-brow fun. Blade II was even better.

April 08, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Yup, I thought so too.

April 09, 2005 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home