Thursday, May 26, 2005

Raspberry Lemon Cake

I was going to write a serious post about labor unions, 28 years of communist rule in West Bengal and pragmatism in politics that was sparked off by this article (its in Bengali so I apologize to those unfortunate souls who don't read it). However my lunch buddies at work wanted to go get a cup of coffee/sundry sweet stuff from the Starbucks downstairs. As usual when faced with a choice between blogging (or any form of activity) and raising blood sugar levels, I chose the latter and got myself the yellow bar of Diabetes that I mention in the title.

In other news, I will be going to Vegas and then Grand Canyon over the Memorial Day weekend, i.e., the one that starts day after tomorrow. Hopefully I will be posting Grand Canyon photos and blogging about it too, though not about Las Vegas. As everybody knows, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. ;-)

11 Comments:

Blogger Your Mother said...

The link to the article doesn't work.

I dropped by your site from your Orkut profile. You lived in New Alipore, Calcutta?

May 27, 2005 2:45 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Hey Samita, I corrected the link - it ought to work now.
Yep I am from good old New Alipore - are you from around there too?

May 27, 2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Your Mother said...

In fact, I live in New Alipore. :)

Thank you for correcting the link, though I still cant read it (font and all) I guess I will have to download the bengali font, yes?

May 27, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger greatbong said...

Thanks....I dont know if you know that Baba has been here in US for a year as a visiting prof at U of Rochester ---he will be staying with me for some time at Greenbelt before he goes back.

May 27, 2005 4:04 PM  
Blogger Sourav said...

So How was Vegas?

May 31, 2005 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

again ur with ur original flavour

and want me to show the way out with my plan ..no way :d

any way think think and think again
please

again i am telling plzz rethink

take care and keep writing

Bojju

June 02, 2005 1:16 AM  
Blogger BeeDee said...

dear urmi,
thanks for linking to my blog. could you change the URL to www.baghaescup.blogspot.com. The name of the blog remains the same, just the URL has changed. Thanks a ton!
best,
Antara

June 02, 2005 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abar phire elam:d nah i am really falling for this blog :d so much to read ..and it helps me to visualise

aar btw wat greatbong ki jitye ?

take care all and u specially Binki

June 02, 2005 5:08 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Urmi tumi kothai? Amaai phone koro :(!!! Will try calling your office tomorrow, if I can locate the number (everything's such a mess, the apartment is the definition of astaakur).

June 05, 2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger Confusedoldbong said...

Hi oasis within a desert of cactus..

Long time no comm..

June 14, 2005 1:48 AM  
Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Lost in Vegas? You can catch the shows in Chicago, you can look at the lights in Disneyland, you can give your money to strangers ANYwhere. Come back.

And I don't have Bangla fonts, so please do give us the rant on the labour-politics-pragmatism article.

J.A.P.

June 15, 2005 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home