Friday, March 03, 2006

Eight-point someone

So I was tagged a long long time ago. So I exaggerate, a little. Anyway, the point of this tag is to come up with eight features of the person you'd want as a lover - hmm - not boyfriend/girlfriend, not husband/wife, not significant other, but lover. Given the audience of this blog (waves at dada, boudi, chhotkaka and little tenpi from next door), I will pretend that the tag was about er boyfriend.

The rules are:
1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. Need to mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again.

I WAS tagged a second time but since some people seem to think I have to post anyways, (sniff), here goes.

Oh and the 'target' has to be male. An aside, I have been to many a Tarzhay in my time, but none seem to have a particular gender as far as I could make out.

1. He has to be passionate but not evangelical about something in his life. I know way more about RD Burman songs from the early 80s than any sane human being ought to. Also about George Mallory. Mostly because it was my luck to have hung out with people who were passionate about these things. He should know better than to push it down my throat though. I am liable to throw up all over him.
2. He has to be tall, well at least taller than I am. What can I say - I am shallow. I am also apparently 5 inches taller than the average Bengali man. No I have never dated one - a Bengali man that is.
3. He has to be sensual - by which I mean all the senses. Food / art / music /movies/ sex, the works. Or at least a significant subset of them. If he is not willing to go to some concerts. watch some movies or go to a museum with me, then I may as well date a Frommer's guidebook, eh? Oh and no hangups about food - If a C rating from the food inspectors or the phuchkawala's dirty rag puts him off, umm nope!
4. He has to be a kind person. A nice person, you know? Inspite of all his cynicism he has to secretly believe that people are good.
5. He has to show interest in me and my interests too, and uh if I end up watching one of those blow everything up movies, he has to be fair enough to go watch that sappy mushy rom-com with me if I cant find anybody else to go with. Actually scratch that. He has to be fair-minded, period.
6. He should be self-aware and willing to talk about things. Vague - I know, but he has to be willing to talk about how he really feels about people, me, us, things, the price of mozzarella - oh whatever.
7. He can not be reflexively libertarian and/or a right winger. If he thinks Ayn Rand changed his life and unfettered markets are the only way for society to exist and /or he is excessively religious in a fundamentalist kind of way then we should probably never meet.
8. He should also be willing to suffer bollywood music while I drive (right now he would have to be willing to hear 'Right here, right now' on non-stop repeat). Alternately of course he has to make sure that I never have to drive, hehehe!

Phew, I hope that does not sound like a [gag] personals ad! And I tag (triumphant smile) PRIYA!!

9 Comments:

Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

You disappoint me, m'lady. I would have expected you to be more adventurous!

Or at least more specific.

J.A.P.

March 04, 2006 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope the mills and boones people have read your preferences.

the next generation of readers (mehr?) will be swept off their mental feet by handsome hulks who guzzle phuchkas.

i read a new age m&b the other day. the hero was insecure about himself!!but i knew everything would turn out right as he WAS tall, dark and handsome.

oh , that reminds me. draupadi wished for so many qualities that she had to have five husbands to accomodate them.

what a sad thought. not even in the epics there is a single piece of goods meeting all the specifications.

March 04, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Urmi, you know what, the 6th point, not vague at all. I think every woman would instinctively know what you are saying, though lord knows how hard it is to communicate that to a man :)!

I totally empathise with point 5. I think I'm at the receiving end there, because I've been dragged to watch plenty of blow everything movies in the last few years, but not equally rewarded with rom-com. Hai re, ekhono porjonto "Pride and Prejudice" o dekhte pelaam na, and I've had a Darcy crush for as long as I can remember :(.

March 04, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger jhantu said...

Another blogger from the Bay area. Great. I think its time to have a bay-area-blog-meet. What say you?

March 04, 2006 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! We had this couples game during one of the dinner parties at home - the wife had to write 5 qualities that she liked about the husband and just to spice things up, the husband had to write 5 things he hated about the wife - Got a bit nasty with some husbands writing things like "likes her mom more than my mom"!!! - But amazingly different men and women perceptions were seen like a Lady who is very well dressed was listed by the husband as "has no dress sense"??!!! So, u can have a list but can u "educate" the totally opposite-viewed sex????!!!

March 04, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Hello JAP-da, adventurous, me? Not really. I try everything but stick to the old favorites when it comes time to sort them out. As for being specific, well honestly, the list in the post is not the most honest one I could write.

Hola Bulididi, I hope the M&B folks stay strictly far away from my list, it won't sell them many books!! For example, I was too chicken to list dark and handsome and stuck with only the tall part! Everybody wants rational explanations for everything I say, and dark may sound racist and handsome may sound 'look'ist. I even left out intelligent as that may bring me opprobrium as asking for more than I can vouch for in myself ;)

Swati! Yeah point 6 is so difficult to explain but when you know, you just know. As for point 5, allow me to share with you a true story from a past Valentine's Day when I got taken out to see a movie - "Hannibal". That was the last V-Day I've spent with this particular person!

me-jhantu, nice to see another bay area blogger! There are zillions though - and there was even a Sepia Mutiny meet-up that I wanted to go for but did not muster up the courage to do so!

Yo Sound! Firstly, may I say that you signing off as Boudi is giving me the giggles as I am imagining you with ghunghat and all, serving chai and saying "E Jee" to Dada [Big Grin]
As you say the whole mars-venus thing - as cliche and meant to sell books as it may be, has a core of truth that is difficult to escape. I think the whole conversation is one that I have given up on, frankly!

March 06, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Saraansh said...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ...shit the 8th one blew it :-)

March 09, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Saraansh - yeah but thats a KEY one

March 10, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger mayank said...

hahaha....must say those are some tough rules aren't they

April 02, 2006 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home