Monday, February 14, 2005

New friends!

So I met another blogger for lunch yesterday. I will let her describe the momentous meeting herself. It was great fun meeting somebody new and interesting, interested in food and with a lot of the same cultural and social backgrounds that make it easy to converse. We spoke the same language (and I do not mean Bengali or English) and that made it very easy.
In the process of writing the above paragraph I was pondering the fact that I do not make references to my personal life on my blog normally. I mean I don't talk about my love life (its presence or absence), my friends or my family. It is an interesting balancing trick where I try to write 'about myself' without really talking about 'myself'.
Why do I do that, I wonder? Would I prefer being more open? Mmm, NO! That would not be like me at all. To put it in terms of a hallowed cliche - we are like this only!

3 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Hey, here's me paying a visit! I think I couldn't have put it better than you saying that "we spoke the same language". And I think you do the fine job of writing about yourself without letting it devolve into an online confessional. Trawled through too many blogs of that sort yesterday, and came to the conclusion that they become repetitive too fast.

You on the other hand have a fascinating project on hand of discovering a sprawling yet dense urban space. That's so much more fun to follow!

February 14, 2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger Nimbus said...

I find myself doing that a lot. Not the meeting bloggers for lunch part (how very neat!), but the writing about myself without really talking about myself. Part of it is the 'people will not want to know about the fairly unexciting life I lead' funda while a bigger part is just plain paranoia, methinks.

Just saw your entry on my guestmap. Idiot me, never noticed it before, hence the delay in responding. Apologies. Thank you for coming by and hope to see you around more often!

February 16, 2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Thalassa, thank you!
Megha, thank you too for dropping by and you definitely do not have to apologise! I love your blog and lurk there quite a bit.

February 16, 2005 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home