Friday, February 18, 2005

My driving exploits: Some acknowledgements!

First, I would like to thank the DMV in Illinois for giving me a driving license, a sort of permission to scare the bejesus out of scores of fellow-drivers and other passersby.
Secondly, I would like to thank various friends and one driving school instructor who taught me to drive. Their names are being withheld to protect the innocent.
Last but not the least, I would also like to thank the DMV in California who gave me a driving permit in the name of their fair state, only yesterday! With my grad school days not so distant in my memory, some intense mugging* of the California drivers' handbook from 12:45 AM to 1:15 AM seemed to be perfect way to ace the 10 AM test in 15 minutes. {Takes a bow}

* Mugging in this context just means to read and learn by rote, especially for next day exams whence one can regurgigate and promptly lose all conscious memory of the subject matter.

5 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

"Tapur tupur brishti pore nade elo baan
Shib thakurer biye hoyechhe, teen konye daan"

Did you brave the rain or curl up in bed?

February 20, 2005 1:21 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

I did brave the rain, but a friend drove... We had lunch at Guelaguetza (the one in West LA) and shopped at Cost Plus. I have gone into a very furniture / home decor stuff mode!!

February 20, 2005 10:48 PM  
Blogger Confusedoldbong said...

Believe u are coming out of the driving mould..and waiting for ur advice on my site

February 21, 2005 12:51 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Guelaguetza ki rokom laglo?

Aar ki! Most stayed in Friday and Saturday. And yesterday made a midnight run to In-n-Out. Tumi burger khao? Gosh, you gotta have In-n-Out. Best burger ever.

I'm so so jealous. You get to have Cost-plus stuff at home, while I have crappy univ housing furniture. So not fair :(. Pssst, Cost Plus has a huge bag of Lindt truffles for like $8. Go grab one.

Let's plan something next weekend.

February 21, 2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Yes yes, unless it rains - what would you want to do? Lets just pig out somewhere awesomely cheap!!

February 21, 2005 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home