Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blogging vs. Getting a life

A few posts back I had someone (obviously anonymous) asking me to get a life in the comments. Now this is a touchy issue, but it seems to me the more of a life one has - the less one blogs. Or at least this is very true for me.
Lately I find that sometimes I have multiple (more than one is still multiple, right?) options for spending evenings and not all of them by myself. And wonder of wonders, I am getting busy at work, doing initial background reading on a case before it gets - well not boring, but just a little blah.
So I am posting about what is essentially half a tiny thought rather than my usual almost a whole tiny thought. Anyway that is all for today folks and I will leave with a link that I as a Bong found myself nodding vigorous agreement to!

4 Comments:

Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

I think it's the opposite Urmi. We wouldn't be reading the blogs of folks who don't have much of a life, at least I wouldn't. The most interesting blogs are written by obsessive multitaskers, who do lots of stuff and keep track of a lot of things. They just happen to live online for a substantial chunk of their day, which doesn't mean they don't live an interesting life outside of it.

And as for the burger, ohhhh, you have to try In-n-Out again. Every person I know who loved another burger was successfully converted to the In-n-Out creed. Soon, soon.....

Glad you had fun reading about my buddies. They are a great bunch. You will get to know them soon.

February 22, 2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

i blog a lot and i thought that it was mainly coz my social life is kinda screwed up here - but then in the past few weeks, things have been improving and i still blog almost as much - so i guess i just like the fact that i can put unthought shit on a web space - blah

February 23, 2005 1:40 AM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

I consider blogging a job along the lines of grading, thinking about thesis topics, etc.

February 23, 2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Thalassa, I really like In-n-out believe me! Its just that I think the Fatburger is superior. I will have to try the In-n-out secret menu one of these days. Although the only one that really looks like fun to me is the Neapolitan Shake.
Sagnik, you have a point there, and I must say I am happy at how prolific you (and your commentors!) are. Everytime I am feeling bored I can go off to your blog and know there will be something new to read!!
Ani, what can I say? You are the J.K.Rowling of the blogging world - a big, fat post once in a blue moon to keep us happy.

February 24, 2005 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home