Monday, February 21, 2005

Funny money

I sent a check (through e-billpay at my bank) for $16.90 to my almost-former University to pay off a library fine, so I can get my degree (finally!). Can you believe that it came back? Why on earth would they send back a check??!!! Would you send it back if you got a check in the mail? Would I? Not on your life. Unless... unless it was accompanied by one of those sneaky letters that say that you will be automatically signed up for some completely useless service, at a very reasonable $59.99 a month if you cash the check. I am most irritated.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of a person who would send you a cheque back! I would if I felt sorry for you for having broken a car. BTW what model was the car that you managed to dent?

March 02, 2005 7:42 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Hmm, thanks Steve (is that you chhotkaka?)!
The thing is I was on my third rental car by week two, so I am not sure what the first one was, maybe the smaller Hyundai - Accent?

March 02, 2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home