Thursday, March 03, 2005

One of those posts about songs

I think one of the things that really binds India together, is music. Or more specifically, Bollywood music. There are various people, in my life at least, with whom the only conversations we have, where we talk at the same pitch, are about music.
This post is about just one song, Aaj kal paon zameen par, from the movie Ghar. It is a beautiful song that formed a part of the soundtrack in my head for about a year or so. I associate it deeply with one particular relationship - but in a very personal way. The other person has no clue (I think) that this song was tripping its way through my head those days. It is not even that the words were very appropriate or meaningful really. This song just was a background hum in my head.
The funny thing is that this song is linked to my passwords on various websites and the like from that time period. So now everytime I check hotmail, I have the song going around in my head! So even though the relationship has faded, the song keeps bumbling back.

10 Comments:

Blogger soma chaudhuri said...

Hmmm.........Urmidi is getting sentimental..:)
California trip aar holo nah, peko jah form dekhalo tatey:( Jai hogh I really hope we get to meet sometime. Any plans of coming to Nashville?

March 04, 2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

Na na not senti.. I promise!! And ei je wonderful Shoma where is the next post??
No plans of any trips anywhere at the moment I am afraid :(

Arijit thanks for visiting!

March 04, 2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Na, na - senti would be sach mere yaar hai :D

March 04, 2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

Everybody seems to call u Urmidi and I shall follow :) Well, I've had even funnier sprees where I have combined two songs and kept humming it in my mind and aloud, much to the displeasure of all arnd me

March 05, 2005 12:15 AM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Na na - everyone calls her di to begin with out of formality. After a point, you figure out that she has the mental age of a 21 year old. Then didi goes for a toss.

What say, Urmi old sport?

March 05, 2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger Urmea said...

I am too old to dignify that with a response kiddo!

March 05, 2005 10:53 AM  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 said...

Sorry - holo na!

March 05, 2005 4:39 PM  
Blogger Confusedoldbong said...

Yea, I too freqquently go thru similar bouts when a certain song keeps ringing (or rather playing)in my mind .. often at a stretch.

March 06, 2005 8:46 PM  
Blogger gvenum said...

*My coders are working on your password with Random number generator func with a ghar prefix......*ghar124...ghar10..ghar34.........* will come back later.:)*

March 06, 2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger Urmea said...

LOL not so easy dude, @gvenum

March 06, 2005 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home